The Street Smarts Accounting program
The Street Smarts is a non-profit organization dedicated to busting the myth that “accounting is boring”
- By increasing their exposure to the field of accounting, we open the minds of students and scholars from historically underrepresented backgrounds.
- We provide accounting training and educational programs for high school students.
- We connect our college scholars with internship opportunities at various accounting firms, including the Big 4.
- African Americans and Hispanics combined represent 30% of the U.S. population, yet only 1% of all partners in the accounting profession.
- Caucasians hold approximately 75% of the positions in accounting, and 90% of the partnerships.
- 9% of all 1.9 million accountants and auditors in the U.S. are African American.
If you are a college student from an underserved community, please apply for the Accounting Program.
If your firm is interested in targeting qualified students of color, please visit TSS Accounting.